Congratulations to Gavin Murphy who collected his €500 first prize from Chairman David Spring after romping home from the other 68 contenders in VEC’s annual Pickawinner fundraising competition. See www.pickawinner.ie
Competitive matches re-commence on Saturday July 18th. See Upcoming Fixtures.
The Football Association of Ireland has approved a new Safer Return to Football Pathway which includes the following measures:
Football can return to playing friendly games from Saturday July 11th. We are playing St. James Gate at 11.30am in VEC.
Leagues who have had applications to extend their 2019-2020 season approved [UCFL] can resume League fixtures from July 18th and must have all competitions completed by September 14th
There is also a ‘Safer Return to Play Protocol’ [See FAI guidelines here]
- VEC’s Pick-A-Winner (PAW) Competition commenced on 7th March 2020 but with the Premier Division Fixtures suspended soon after due to Covid-19, so too PAW had to be put on hold!
- So it will resume on the weekend of June 19/20/21 with Round 2 and will continue until Round 10 at the end of the season.
- Of the 69 who entered, 28 have submitted their selections. The remaining 41 players should do so before 12 noon on Friday 19th June. Good luck!
The Football Association of Ireland has today launched a Safer Return to Training Protocol document for all adult amateur and underage football, ahead of a return to training from Monday, June 15th.
Today’s Protocol publication provides a thorough and comprehensive step-by-step explanation to the Pathway that permits all adult amateur and underage football, to return to training on or after next Monday, June 15th. All clubs must appoint a COVID-19 Compliance Officer and carry out a risk assessment before any return is authorised.
Subject to Government guidelines, no matches – competitive or friendly – are allowed until further notice under the jurisdiction of the FAI.
It is encouraging that as of now, “the UCFL remain committed to completing the 2019/20 season, between Aug 28 and Oct 16, with the 2020/21 season to begin shortly after the latter date”.
Although with the FAI’s subsequent Safer Return to Training document (issued on 8th June) hopefully this will allow a resumption of the 2019/20 season in July at the latest, particularly if the FAI follows NPHET’s and the Government’s timeline for a return to football – specifically as “sports team leagues” can resume on 20th July as set out in the Government’s Phase 4 roadmap!
- VEC’s Pick-A-Winner (PAW) Competition commenced on 7th March 2020.
- This is a Web-based competition – spread over 10 weeks. Log-in or Register on www.pickawinner.ie
[If you previously played Pickawinner and have forgotten your password, mail email@example.com ]
- Pick 2 teams that you think will win in the English Premier League each week, without picking the same team twice. If the team that you selected wins, then you receive points, depending on the score – Rules at: www.pickawinner.ie
- Entries and Fees will be collected on-line and weekly selections will be submitted on-line.
- It cost only €20.50 per person to enter.
- How money can be split:
- €10.00 from each entry goes back as PRIZES [50%].
- €10.00 from each entry goes to VEC FC [50%].
- Earn a Free Entry: All VEC FC members have to do is to get as many of your colleagues, family and friends to enter/register for the PAW competition on-line. For every 4 players that you recruit, you will be refunded €20 for your own entry (i.e. a free entry). It’s much easier than selling raffle tickets!
Neil Murtagh who was voted Player-of-the-Tournament is presented with his ‘Jaffa prize’ by new UCD League of Ireland Manager Andy Myler. [Announcement of his appointment]
2019-2010 Winners: Steve Quin, Gav Murphy, Oisin Kinsella, Neil Murtagh and Karl Reck.
Continues on Tuesdays in the ETB (VEC) Sportsgrounds in Terenure (Templeogue Road) at 18:40 hrs.
Thursday training in the ETB (VEC) Sportsgrounds in Terenure (Templeogue Road) at 18:40 hrs. until 19th September – then from 26th September in Whelan Park, Kimmage from 20.45 hrs. to 22.00 hrs.